Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Promise

It’s been forever since this Job-Having Entrepreneurial Mom Wife has seen you.

Where to start? My Spiceteria baby has been in hibernation for far too long. I continue to share my family secrets but via text or the very occasional telephone conversation. Basically, the secrets never leave my “test kitchen” aka children’s homework room, aka bill writing station, aka place that my family uses to breed additional clutter and drive me crazy, which I detest (a windy but spot on accurate description).

The barrage of job requirements and constant travel continue unabated; and of course, kids care less than a little about these competing demands- but should they? Really? How do I manage to do it all, you ask? I don’t.

I manage these demands (and my sanity, some-what) and keep enough done to get by. Anything else is unrealistic - and I am finally OK with that. Oprah and Martha aside, I’m quite satisfied with the results. But is it my “Best Life Ever”? I often drift off into my techno-color vision of being the Chief Creative Officer for a fabulous fashion company that I share ownership in; lunching with Gayle King (yes, Gayle – she’s fabulous!); taping my lifestyle makeover show and being home by 6:00 to review homework, talk to the boys, attend PTA events and spend romantic evenings with my husband; complimented by intellectually and fun filled times with my closest girlfriends.

What? Carter is missing…Jonathan, how did you lose your brother? I told you to stay in the backyard! Back to reality.

SO even though I am finally OK with keeping enough done to get by I never stop thinking about my ideas. . .

Good to be back – more to come soon. I promise!

Yours in spice,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment