Saturday, May 30, 2009

Variety is the Spice of Life

It is said, “variety is the spice of life.” 

 

But, is it really? 

 

There are a variety of responses to that question.  Many of you will say: “absolutely – bring it on- the more choices the better,” but more of you will likely say the opposite: – “variety?  No way – salt and pepper are the only spices for me, and adding paprika to my salt and pepper is about as much adventure in my routine as I can stand.”

 

This Entrepreneurial Consulting Job Seeking Mom Wife Ó is a “variety ” person living in the salt and pepper routine of breakfast, school drop-off, squeeze in entrepreneuring consulting job seeking, school pick-up, play dates, homework, dinner, bath, books, bed, wine, dinner with Marc, bed.   Pretty much the same thing everyday.   I love my husband. I love my kids. I have a blessed life but remember, “Variety is the spice of life.”   How do I fill my variety need in the salt and pepper family life?  Where do I find variety?  

 

Shoes! I love shoes!  And there is variety in all of my 200 + pairs (I only know the number because a reporter did a story on my shoe closet - another story). But here’s the catch- I have the taste of a lady who lunches with infinite supplies of independent wealth.  While I am a lady who likes to eat lunch, I have a finite cash flow.  Simply put – I love beautiful and expensive things but don’t have an endless supply of money.  What’s more, I don’t even really love to shop!  I prefer occasional trips with lots of bags and boxes to frequent trips to the store mall of the day. 

 

I know  - you are shocked. 

 

What I really love is a BARGAIN!!!! And the spicy variety that all of these bargains add to my life.  As a matter of fact last week was a great day of adding spicy variety.  We went to Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets and had a great day – I bought Jimmy Choo sandals for $190 – this is a great price, they are currently retailing for $595-$625 at mall stores.  Every store in the mall is having sales but not this kind of sale.  If you need or just want some spicy variety shopping I recommend hitting the Outlets (perfect for large shopping trips with lots of bags and boxes) – not only are the everyday prices a significant savings but if you plan ahead you can get additional discounts.  Go to the outlet website and sign up for VIP privilege.  With the free membership you get a coupon book that is worth hundreds of dollars in additional savings. If you wait until you get to the outlet the coupon book cost $10.

 

I like to look good because that makes me feel good and as an Entrepreneurial Consulting Job Seeking Mom Wife Ó I am always going to meetings and having first impression encounters.  How does this fit in with “variety is the spice of life” living?  Salon and Spa time - Hair color changes, short hair cuts or let it grow? Seasonal updates are a must!  I run into people who I went to high school or college with and I hear “oh my God, you look exactly like you looked at school.’  Well we know that’s impossible.  However, what I take it to mean is that I look up-to-date and current because that’s what we all were in high school and college – current, and I’m sure quite spicy.  But think about that for a minute- if you were spicy, up to date and current in 1989, and you have the same hair cut today and think that you have the same hair color, you are delusional and in need a great stylist or psychotherapist.  I’ve lived and visited many places and here are some of my favorites.  If you try any of them, please tell them I sent you and let us know how it went.

·                   Columbus, OH Hair Portfolio / A Spirit's Touch

·                   Los Angeles, CA Elgin Charles / Sofitel Spa 

·                   Blue Bell, PA Citrus Salon and Spa 

·                   Maplewood, NJ Anthony Garubo 

·                    New York, NY John Atchinson / Styles Salon 

 

I also love to cook!  Creating great dishes, interpreting recipes and finding new easy ideas for saludaspice.com is fun and relaxing and if I create something especially tasty – very rewarding because my family and friends are so very happy.  If your family dinner routine goes a little like this – Chicken nuggets and salad, Spaghetti and Ragu, Chicken nuggets and Stove Top stuffing, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, Pizza, Chinese Food,  every week I shamelessly introduce you to www.saludaspice.com.  I use the 3 spice blends on most of my dishes, especially when cooking for the family during the week.  They give great flavor to meats, rice and vegetables and take no effort and little time.   A few hints - the Baked Chicken can be served several days – hot or cold chicken sandwiches, chicken salad, chicken soup, chicken and dumplings, easy chicken parmesan.  The Barbeque Ribs recipe can also be used on steaks and chicken.  

 

When I was a Job Having Mom Wife travel was a regular part of my job, so my husband believed  (incorrectly) that I couldn’t possibly want to travel for vacation because I spent a large amount of time on airplanes and in hotels on business.  WRONG!!! I love vacations and traveling to different places, meeting different people and tasting different foods.  What more variety could there be? When I was traveling for work I saw a lot of beautiful hotel rooms, conference rooms and restaurants in very exotic places, but not the places.  Now, I plan to travel and to see the world through the eyes of my children.  I can’t wait!

 

Honestly, I had a hard time balancing and finding the energy for adult time when I was a Job Having Mom Wife.  But, surprisingly, as an Entrepreneurial Consulting Job Seeking Mom Wife Ó I have more energy and as such, interest in adult time.  This is an area where “variety is the spice of life” can have so many meanings.  I thought the following kind of interesting (source: the web).  Make the most of your food and spices.

 

·      Flaxseeds Just 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds a day helps increase testosterone — the chemical with the most direct libido-boosting effect. Besides enhancing sex drive, these nutty-flavored seeds contain essential fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6, which are the major building blocks of all sex hormones. To rev your engine, either swallow a teaspoon of flaxseed oil or sprinkle a tablespoon of flaxseeds on your cereal and salads every day. If seeds aren't your things, opt for walnuts, which contain about 90 percent of your omega RDA. 

       Cranberry Flax Muffins

 

·      Ginger The powerful root stimulates the circulatory system, increasing blood flow to the genitals. Smelling ginger has a stronger effect on penile and vaginal blood flow than actually eating it. When a food or aroma raises blood pressure, vessels in the genitals admit a rush of blood that inflates erectile tissue. The vessels then close off, preventing blood from exiting the erogenous zones, keeping sensitivity levels high. 

      Homemade Ginger Ale

·      Honey No wonder newlyweds' getaways are called honeymoons. Honey is rich in B vitamins, which are needed for testosterone production, and it contains boron, which helps the body metabolize and use estrogen—an important part of blood flow and arousal. Use a few teaspoons as a natural sweetener in tea or spread it on toast with peanut butter. 

        Honey Desserts

·      Nutmeg and Clove Researchers have found that nutmeg and clove, both from evergreen trees, bolster sexual activity. Each stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system helping you relax. The effects were greater with nutmeg. Just don't eat too much of the magical spice, as it also has hallucinogenic properties. A sprinkle on your cappuccino or hot cocoa should do the trick.   

Ho     Home mulled wine

Try to live your life with spice and variety. 

Tastefully yours,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment